Tuesday 15 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #10

Hands up everyone who remembers Steve Hodge.  Yes, that Steve Hodge - played for Notts Forest and Spurs as well as six other clubs and 24 times for England.  A man renowned for footballing knowledge - as here he calls on Fabio to pick Jamesy and me against Algeria on Friday - Telegraph Online  Anyway he's certainly gone up in my estimation.  Hope the gaffa takes notice.

Sunny, cold and windy in Rustenburg today.  Resemebles Stoke on winters afternoon at the Victoria Ground.

Yesterday me and Matty Upson went to off to visit a local orphanage near Rustenburg.  Spurs have paid for one of the bungalows that houses up to eight orphans.  I have sponsored one of the kids (Aubrey) for the last three years and it was really great to see him.  Gave him a signed England shirt - managed to find one that wasn't covered in crap from the drain leak - although it does have some dodgy autographs.  Here's a report from the Mail Online.

Couple of pretty dull games earlier today.  Have been looking forward to watching the best South American team and North Korea tonight.  I realy love Brazilians but every time I mention them Mrs D gives me one of her knowing looks.  Korea have been playing OK but as I'm writing they've just conceded a goal - whatever happens by the end of the game it will have been a close shave.

Spoke to Mrs D this evening and she had heard me interviewd on Talk Sport - the cocker spaniels went crazy when they heard my voice - one of them even did a whoopsy on the kitchen floor.

Mrs D thinks she will be watching the match on Friday by herself.

Card school tonight before cocoa and bed. 

Nite nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment