Sunday 6 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #2

Had a good sleep last night - I was shattered after the flight and straight into training yesterday.  I've got Rio's old room - next door to his best mate Frank "Lampy" Lampard.  They've been pals since they were kids together at the Hammers - I can just see them "blowing bubbles" in the bath after a game.  Am getting a bit fed up already hearing how much the team will miss Rio - in the papers and on telly - no one's yet said I am a quality replacement.  Everyone just going on about the fact I haven't got any caps yet.

Looks like I'm getting the number 5 jersey.  Fabio sent Becks down the local market this morning to get some of those stick on letters for the back of my shirt.  I spent a couple of hours after breakfast taking "Ferdinand" off and sticking my name on - it does look good though but Rio's bloody shirts are gonna be miles too big for me - bet I look a right twat.

Phoned Mrs D before I went to sleep last night.  She'd had a call already from Montana Manning (Lennon's other half - and a bit of alright if you ask me) - she has a bit of a reputation though for flashing her knickers when photographers are around (according to the Mail Online anyway).  Seems like the "stay at home" WAGs are having a BBQ next Saturday at the Rooney's - Coleen's quite partial to a beef quarterpounder I hear.

Lots of really nice messages of congratulations and support from Spurs fans.  Even one from an S Quinn in Ireland - say they're big Spurs supporters and hope I get a chance to play - but they'll still be cheering for the USA on Saturday.

Also some messages from Gooner fans asking me to kick lumps out of Wright-Phillips in training so that he has to go home and maybe that loser Walcott will be called up before Friday - er don't think so.

Let me tell you I'm a pit pissed off with Panini as it happens.  Do you know there are stickers for the errand boy Beckham and that loser Theo - but there isn't one of me - bet Panini feel real stupid now.

OK, we're one hour ahead of you guys back in the UK so we're just getting ready to go down for dinner.  Fabio's imposed a booze ban - feeling a bit guilty now about that crafty drink with JT yesterday - still he's not gonna say anything he's been in enough trouble already.

Hoping to get picked for some part of the friendly tomorrow against the Platinum Stars.  Who needs bloody Rio.

Right, signing off now.

1 comment: