Wednesday 9 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #5

Oh dear more tension today as the gaffa has a right go at the press photographers.  Relationships with the photographers and TV crews seem a bit strained.  That's a shame - I need pics of me out there so I don't get mistaken for that Question of Sport bloke again or worse still Les Dawson.

Could do with a photo sending to FIFA as well and for the FA to remind them that I am now a proper member of the England squad.  They need to get their website updated - still have Rio in the squad list.  So come on FIFA get it sorted FIFA Website

In case you haven't already picked it up from the papers the gaffa is a bit of a disciplinarian.  We need to be smartly dressed and no mobile phones to be used at meal times.  It's a bit like being back at school in Northallerton - but discipline is important so we don't complain - well not publicly anyway.

Talking about being smartly dressed - those M&S suits are a bit of alright.  Will be able to wear it when I get back home.  If I leave the badge on I can even get tax relief on the cleaning bills - result.  Even George Osborne can't stop that - well not yet at least.

I'm getting a bit worried about my blog - not sure Fabio will be too impressed if he finds out.  I know our other halves back home are keeping a check on what's going on and read all the blogs and news stories.  It's a bit like the "WAGs dogging the tale".

More training today.  I quite like all that running and jumping up and down, stretching and waving my arms around - Training Video

The gaffa said we needed to practise our penalties.  He showed us a video to help Crouchy and Defoe with their synchronised diving.



My two brothers, Andy and Kevin are arriving tomorrow.  They haven't found anywhere to stay so they're gonna bus it up to Rustenburg and I'm gonna sneak em in to my room.  There's a massive bed in my room, in fact you could get the whole back four in at the same time.  Anyway me, Andy and Kev are gonna sleep top and tail - just like we did as kids.

That's all for today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment