Monday 28 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #16

Well it's time to come home.  We're on the bus on the way to the airport.  Everyone's really down about yesterdays performance and exit from WC2010.  However a few guys were feeling so sick last night they were still in the wc at 20:10.

At least one consolation for me is that I  am not about to get picked on by the press.  No game, no cap, no blame - perhaps.

Anyway the early exit means that Mrs D's possible TV opportunity has gone - victim of the programme makers austerity measures - allegedly.

We're still on for Skeggy next week.  Might even have a run up to Mablethorpe and  the naturist beach at North Cotes a few miles away.  Nobody saw me with my kit on in South Africa so people won't recognise me with my kit off in Lincolnshire. 

Fabio's future won't be decided for a couple of weeks.

Whatever happens we're back to football business with a friendly against Hungary in August.  Then European Championship qualification matches from September.  Looking forward to the game against Wales next March.  Mrs D told me last night that there is a young lad called Dyfan from some place called Llandybie who thinks he knows what I look like - but he could be getting me confused with someone else with the same name.  Maybe I will see him at the game and he can ask me for my autograph - it will be worth a fortune one day.

Thanks for reading my diary - it's been fun writing it for you. 

Look out for The Spurs winning the Champions League next season - especially if we can keep Harry at The Lane.  Keep your hands off England!!

No comments:

Post a Comment