Monday 14 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #9

Bright sunny day in Rustenburg - unlike other WC locations where it was chucking it down and cold.  At least we got the choice of hotel and training camp right.

Back to training - Roono decided to sit round the pool instead - claiming to have a knock on his ankle.  Ash had his usual day off as well - can't seem to play and then train immediately afterwards - molly coddled if you ask me.  My mate Ledders is really struggling with his groin injury.  I think he needs to take his time and make sure he recovers well.

Serious darts tournament going on in the squad - 501 is the game of choice.  David James is practicing every opportunity he gets and is leading at the moment.  Mmmmm 501? the number of minutes before Amelia Heskey scores his next England goal? and unless Matty Upson has a sudden injury it'll be 501 minutes before I get a game - that gets me on in the second half of the final.

It seems the pundits don't think I'm gonna get a game or play much part - even when I do get a mention they always add that I am uncapped and inexperienced.

Have to admit the Germans looked good yesterday and seem to be the team to beat right now.  Rumour has it that they have been using the WC ball in the Bundesliga since last December.  Clever beggars.

Sat with some of the lads to watch the Italians tonight - they got out of jail and I think will still be hard to beat.  Although we saw some of their usual amateur dramatics when they allegedly went down injured.  They've got it off to a tee.

Had a problem with the drains at the hotel today and the kit room was flooded with foul water and other stuff.  Not sure what actually happened - didn't fancy going to look to be honest.  Anyway the kit that was supposed to be on the way to Cape Town for Friday's game against Algeria had to be washed all over again - hmm perhaps I don't fancy wearing any of that.  Think I'll get down to Sportz Kitz R Us  and buy myself a couple of replica kits to be on the safe side.

As well as picking a team in the squad sweep we also had a guess how many red cards there would be.in the whole tournament.  I went for ten - blimey already four in the first eleven games.

Just had a text from Mrs D - she's watching Match of The Day on BBC2 - got a mention from Alan Shearer.  Mind you he said that I didn't have much pace - that's a bit rich coming from someone who never left the six yard box.

Right, off to bedroom to play FIFA World Cup on the Wii - I'm the England skipper and scored the winning goal in the last game.

Nite nite.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha this is pretty funny stuff! I hope Daws get's to start on Friday. He's been phenomenal all season. When asked who was the best defender he's ever played against Carlos Tevez himself said "Michael Dawson. I don't know how he doesn't start for his country."

    ReplyDelete