Thursday 10 June 2010

World Cup Diary Blog #6

Now, I know that Ferdz is a very influential member of the squad and a great skipper.  But sometimes players can get too wrapped up in their own publicity and self importance.  I don't mean to be disrespectful to the big man but.... The TV in my room has a clever gizmo that lets me see what pay per view films have been watched since the squad checked in - here's the list and you make up your own minds

Blame It On Rio
Rio Bravo
Rio Grande
Rio Lobo
Road To Rio
Girl From Rio
Flying Down To Rio
Lost In Rio
Rio Conchos

I mean come on, the man really needs to get out more on his crutches and get some proper perspective on his contribution to life and the universe.  Me, I'm gonna be watching Dawson's Creek tonight.

Closed training session today.  James Milner still not feeling well so he had yet another day off and Ledley did more gym work - shame about his chronically dodgy knees - but it might turn out to be good for me.  If Fabio has to choose between me and Matty Upson then I'm a shoo in.

It was off to Sun City after training for a round of golf.  Last time I played I had trouble getting the ball through the door in the wooden windmill.  Still, I managed to get round without losing my balls.  Unlike Glen Johnson who hit the wrong ball off the fairway.

By the way Mrs D just for you and our cocker spaniels - here's a link to my FA Quickfire Q&A for YouTube Quickfire Q&A



Only two more sleeps until we start our campaign.  The gaffa knows the starting line up but hasn't told us yet.  My money's on JT and Ledley at the back.  Hopefully I might get a run out at some point on Saturday - would be great to get my first cap at last.  Even better to get the 2010 version of the one in the piccy.

By the way - it seems FIFA are reading my blog as their website has now been updated to show me instead of Rio.  Thanks Sep. FIFA Website
Look at that concentration!



They also have a pic of me in training quality.

That's it for tonight - sleep well.  Not sure how much sleep I will get with Andy and Kev sharing the bed.

I'm getting really giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment